In the Valentine’s Day spirit, Microsoft is now showing ‘the love’ to students with free full-featured versions of the following software suites:
- Expressions Studio
- Visual Studio 2008 Pro Edition (support for all languages and web development)
- Windows Server 2003 – Standard Edition
- XNA Game Studio 2.0
This is being done under the DreamSpark initiative.
To download software:
1) Go to: https://downloads.channel8.msdn.com/
2) Select the software to download.
3) Sign into Windows Live ID or register for a Live account.
4) Verify your UCSD student status by selecting region and university (UCSD is on the North America list).
5) This will direct you to Single Sign-On (Tritonlink password) for UCSD. Select “Student Sign-In”.
6) Enter PID and PAC/Password
7) You will be directed to a success/fail page where you can then start a download and key generation.
If you experience trouble, make sure to log out of Tritonlink, restart your browser and repeat the steps above.